Friday 30 April 2010

todays activities





Today is my first time on the blog, so I might as well say what I have been up to today! I have been putting handles on the big jugs I threw on Wednesday - 4lbs and 7 lbs. I still use the old imperial weights! - my faithful old grocers balance still serves me well after many years - and will still be good for a hundred more! I made these ostensibly traditional shapes with my customary anxst! How to achieve some sort of equilibrium between the "useful" and the "beautiful" Are jugs really "useful"? Honestly, I mostly use one of my big jugs for topping up the car radiator - they are really handy for that sort of job.

Anyway, next thing is to think about whether or not to apply decoration before they go into the Soda kiln - about which - more later!

No comments:

Post a Comment